Sunday, January 8, 2012

Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion Review


I thought I would start with a review of a product that can be found in most major retailers.  Aveeno is a common brand whose philosophy is to mix new and natural ingredients to create products that encourage healthy and beautiful skin.  Their featured ingredient is colloidal oatmeal (which are oats ground to a very fine powder) and is supposed to hold in moisture and relieve dry skin.
            I was looking for a product that would protect my hands through the cold winter months.  The weather usually causes my hands to get very dry and cracked.  I purchased the Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion. It promises to calm and relax with lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang.


I was familiar with the use of lavender and chamomile as relaxing agents.  I have heard of ylang-ylang, but otherwise know nothing about it.  After doing some research, I found that ylang-ylang is a flowering tree whose oils are used frequently in perfumes that have an oriental or floral theme.  It is supposed to relieve high blood pressure.  
The product claims to calm and relax you and is supposed to moisturize for 24 hours.  I want to see how well the product lives up to that claim.  I am going to use this lotion for the next two weeks and report back on how the product performs. 
My initial reaction to the product is the scent.  It does have a very strong floral scent.  It is not unappealing, but you do notice it right away and reminds me of some floral/oriental perfumes.  The product claims to, “calm and relax you as you massage it into your skin.”  I don’t know that I feel any calmer on my first use of the product, but I’ll see if I notice any difference after two weeks. 
The character of the lotion itself is a smooth and satisfactory coverage without being overly heavy or too light.  Some moisturizing lotions are so thick, I feel like I have to wipe some off after I use it.  My hands do instantly feel softer and more moisturized and the scent seems less overpowering the longer I wear the product.  

The true test of the product will be how it holds up over a two week period.  We are in the middle of a bit more mild winter in the northeast with temperatures in the 40’s and 50’s, so my hands are not as dry as they usually are at this point.  I plan on using the product 2-3 times a day and see if I notice a difference throughout the test. 
I am also curious about the ingredients in the product as many I am unfamiliar with and plan on doing some research about what exactly the ingredients are and will report that back here especially as Aveeno claims to be a more natural product.  

Feel free to share any of your thoughts on Aveeno products.  I'd like to know what others think of their  products.  

Here is the link to the Aveeno website if you want to learn more about their products.  http://www.aveeno.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment