Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcome to Nurture from Nature!


Welcome to Nurture from Nature!  For the past several years, I have been trying to live a very healthy lifestyle.  I try to eat a very natural, organic diet.  I like to know where my food comes from and how it was produced.  I have been practicing yoga for about a year now and love the mental and physical benefits from it.  It wasn’t until I started to look at the beauty products I used that I realized that I was not being as healthy to my body as I could be.  Look at the ingredient list on any one of your beauty products and you are bound to see a list of ingredients you can hardly pronounce let alone know what they are.  That led me to do some research about what is in beauty products and a lot of what I found shocked me. In America, there are no real guidelines or inspections of what goes into our makeup and body products.  According to the FDA website, “Under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, cosmetic products and ingredients do not require FDA approval before they go on the market." 
            After doing some research, I wanted to find beauty products that were made from ingredients that I could feel comfortable placing on my body, but these are difficult to find in major retailers and health food and specialty stores charge a good amount for their products with no idea how of how effective they are. 
            My goal of this blog is to perform product reviews of beauty products made with more natural ingredients and also to pass along some of the information I am learning about the lack of regulation of in the cosmetic industry and that what is found in the products that you use every day.

Check out the link below.  It is a page from the fda.gov site about the FDA’s authority over cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment